Roberto Coda Zabetta is an artist that finds his strength in the power of action and in the use of the black and white colours that reports a pictorial wisdom. He’s a clever artist with the ability to associate faraway cultures and geographies with iconographies and worlds as if it wold be the one and only. He has a flooring and uncomfortable contemporary sensibility, for the burning themes and the disenchantment that is not blent, it’s clear in every artworks.
• Milano Design Film Festival, Anteo Palazzo del Cinema,
• KURA. Fonderia Artistica Battaglia, Milano.
• Cantiere2/Harbour. Saint-Pierre Quiberon, Bretagne, France.
• Montenegro Film Summary, mc2gallery, Lustica bay, Montenegro
• Marka – Territori di confine, Other Size gallery, Milan, Italy
• Work in progress. Triennale di Milano, Milan, Italy
• Trovamento. Dirartecontemporanea 2.0 gallery, Caserta, Italy.
• HO HO HO. Frutta Gallery. Rome.
• Cantiere1/Terrazzo. Ex Ospedale Militare e Museo Madre. Naples.
• Sostanza. Annet Gelink Gallery, Amsterdam.
• New Paintings. Cuadro Gallery, Dubai.
• Cinque Mostre 2017 – VISION(s). Curated by Ilaria Gianni. American Academy in Rome. Roma.
• The Milky Way 3. Curated by Damiana Leoni. Galleria Giò Marconi, Milan.
• Filmbox#01, curated by Ilaria Bonacossa. Museo di Villa Croce, Genova.
• What are we gonna paint? Annet Gelink Gallery, Amsterdam.
• Selected for the American Academy in Rome, Rome.
• New Now, Phillips London. Londra.
• The shit evolution. The Shit Museum and Boiler Corporation, Palazzo Siam, Milan.
• FILM# 00-56. Essay by Ilaria Bonacossa.
• Fondazione Mudima, Milan.
• CASECHIUSE #01 by Paola Clerico and [email protected], Garage Soccol, Milan.
• The Shit Museum. A project by Massimo Valsecchi, Luca Cipelletti. Piacenza. Italy.
• Italia Docet. Palazzo Barbarigo Minotto. Collateral Event of the 56th International Art Exhibition La Biennale di Venezia. Venezia. Italy.
• Scudo. Curated by Tony Godfrey. Ex-Marmi. Pietrasanta.
• Roberto Coda Zabetta. Ronchini Gallery, London.
• n_b, curated by Zorana Djakovic. Cultural Centre Belgrade, Belgrade.
• Selected for the Artist Pension Trust, London.
• Verdade, curated by Guilherme Bueno, MAC Museum of Contemporary Art, Rio de Janeiro.
• Ex Voto, curated by Lorenzo Poggiali, Antonio Ratti Foundation, Como.
• Nuvole Sacre, curated by Claudio Composti, Stefano Pirovano and Donald Richie. Film by Hikoh Hosoe, Palazzo Reale, Milan.
• Fondamentum Artis, Unicredit Private Bank, Bologna.
• Koi dan Trinacria. curated by Rifky Effendi, Indonesian National Gallery, Jakarta.
• New Works, curated by Rifky Effendi, Willie Valentine Fine Art, Singapore and Berlin.
• Spectrum, curated by Laura Petrillo and Martin Holman, The David Roberts Foundation, London.
• Room Project from Cige, project with Langgeng Art Foundation, Beijing and Jakarta.
• Gold Frame. Central House of Artists of Moscow. Moscow. Russia.
• Selected for the BP Portrait Award 2006, National Portrait Gallery, London.
• From white to black, Barbara Malher Gallery and UBS Museum, Lugano.
• Psychic Persona, curated by Robert C. Morgan and Sergio Risaliti, Teatro India, Rome.
• Winner of the Miart Award, Milan.
• Selected at the Dena Foundation selection at the Centre International d’Accueil et d’Echanges des Récollets, Paris.
• XIV Quadriennale. Promotrice delle Belle Arti, Turin, Italy.
• Everything goes to hill. Pretorio Palace. Certaldo. Florence. Italy.
• sesto senso. (Beyond the sixth sense) Place de l’Etoile. Principality of Monaco.
• Inverno 10+10. Curated by Sergio Risaliti. Strozzi Palace. Florence. Italy.
• PPP, Furini Contemporary Art, Arezzo.
• PPP, Primissimo Primo Piano, Museum of Palazzo Venezia, Rome.
• Colors, Poggiali and Forconi Gallery, Florence.
• Awarded the Miart Prize for Young Artists, Milan.
• Shortlisted for the 5th Cairo Award, Palazzo della Permanente, Milan.
• Shoa memory and destiny. Curated by Mario Dondina. Umanitaria Auditorium. Milan. Italy.
• Today’s portraits. Ado Furlan Foundation. Pordenone. Italy.
• HAND Ali. Metropolitan Foundation. Milan. Italy.
• Dinamiche del volto. (Dynamics of the face) The Doge’s Palace Civic Gallery. Modena. Italy.
• Links. Blu Gallery. Milan. Italy.
• Awarded the Miart Prize for Young Artists, Milan.
• Shortlisted for the Arte Fiera Prize, Arte Fiera, Bologna.
• In Coda! Paolo Majorana and Emilio Mazzoli Gallery, Brescia.
• Senza Titolo 40+1. (Untitled 40+1). Estro Gallery. Padua. Italy.
• The Berlin wall. The Promenade Gallery and Biennale Tirana. Valona. Albania.
• From Italy, Trevi Flash Art Museum, Trevi.
• Withlove. Curated by Marina Mojana. Argentario Palace. Milan. Italy.
• Convergence. Pistoletto Foundation. Biella. Italy.
• Out of the Blue. Blu Gallery. Milan. Italy.
• Awarded the Passaggi a nord-ovest Prize, Pistoletto Foundation, Biella.
• Face, Isabel De Miguel Gallery, Munich.
• Face. Fernando Zubillaga Gallery. New York.
• Acts portraits. Curated by Vittoria Coen. Chiesa di San Filippo Neri. Turin. Italy
• Selected for the Pistoletto Foundation – Città dell’arte, Biella.
• P.S.I. Italian Bureau selections, New York
• New shapes of painting. Lipanjepuntin Contemporary Art. Trieste. Italy.
• Spaces up. Civica Montevergini Gallery. Siracusa. Italy.